Effective September 23, 2021
- Use any MTI Platform that displays or links to this Policy;
- Visit our branded social media pages;
- Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, texts or fax;
- Use our cloud products and services as an authorized user (for example, as an employee of one of our customers who provided you with access to our services); or
- Register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars, or contests.
In some cases, in providing the Platform, we process personal information of consumers or end-users at the direction of our enterprise customers. When we do, we do so as a service provider or a “data processor” to those organizations, but we do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organizations. This privacy statement does not apply to personal information we process as a service provider or data processor on behalf of our enterprise customers. If you are a consumer end-user of one of those organizations, you should read that organization’s privacy statement and direct any privacy inquiries to that organization.
WHAT YOU GIVE US
We collect information you give us or permit us to access, which includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, financial account information, commercial information, audio or visual information, and internet activity information. For example:
- Contact information. We collect name, username or alias, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number.
- Demographic data. In some cases, such as when you register or participate in surveys, we request that you provide age, gender, and similar demographic details.
- Payment information. If you make a purchase or other financial transaction, we collect credit card numbers, financial account information, and other payment details.
- Content and files. We collect the photos, documents, or other files you upload to our services; and if you send us email messages or other communications, we will collect and retain those communications.
- Recordings. If you communicate with us via a phone call or video conference, we may record that call.
- If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, such as filling out a survey about your user experience, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request.
WHAT WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We may automatically collect information regarding your interaction with, and use of, our products and services. Information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Geolocation data. Depending on your device and app settings, we collect geolocation data when you use our Platform.
- Usage data. We automatically log your activity on our websites, apps and connected products, including the URL of the website from which you came to our sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and other details about your use of and actions on our website.
WHAT WE INFER
We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics (“inferences”). For example, we infer your general geographic location (such as city, state, and country) based on your IP address.
WHAT WE COLLECT FROM OTHER MTI INTERACTIONS AND THIRD PARTIES
We may combine information you give us with other information from MTI sources, transactions, and communications as well as data collected on our behalf by our service providers. This may include, but is not limited to, information from events, products and applications, or other MTI interactions. We may also combine that information with data that is publicly available and data from third parties. We also collect information about gift recipients provided by the giver.
We use all the above categories of personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Platform Delivery. To provide and deliver our services, including troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those services.
- Business Operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, detecting fraudulent or illegal activity, and meeting our legal obligations.
- Platform Improvement, Development, and Research. To develop new services or features, and conduct research.
- To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our services.
- To verify accounts and activity, investigate suspicious activity, and enforce our terms and policies to the extent it is necessary for promoting the safety and security of the Platform and MTI systems and applications.
- Customer Support. To provide customer support and respond to your questions.
- To send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We may record phone calls or video conferences for training, quality assurance, and administration purposes. If required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent or give you the option to object to a call being recorded.
- To display and communicate advertising to you.
- To communicate with you about new services, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other information about our services and those of our selected partners (see the Choice and Control section of this privacy statement for how to change your preferences for promotional communications).
- Event registrations and attendance. To plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you.
- Managing contests or promotions. Some contests or promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will process your personal information.
We share personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
In addition, we share each of the categories of personal information described above for the following business purposes:
- We enable access to personal information across our MTI companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, for example, where we share common data systems or where access is needed to provide our services and operate our business.
- We share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information to provide those functions.
- If you use our services as an authorized user, we may share your personal information with your affiliated customer responsible for your access to the services to the extent this is necessary for verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies.
- We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or a transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
We will also access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information when we believe that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers and others, for example to prevent spam or attempts to commit fraud, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property or ourselves or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies.
Third party analytics companies also collect personal information through our website and apps including, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, geolocation data, usage data, and inferences associated with identifiers and device information (such as cookie IDs, device IDs, and IP address) as described in the Cookies Policy. For example, we use Google Analytics on our website to help us understand how users interact with our website; you can learn how Google collects and uses information at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Finally, we may share de-identified information in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that some of our services include integrations, references, or links to services provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal information to any of those third parties, or allow us to share personal information with them, that data is governed by their privacy statements.
When you join or use certain services, you agree to publicly share a basic amount of information within the Platform, which may include your username, city location, and profile picture.
SHARING YOU CHOOSE
Information that is publicly shared may be used by MTI for promotional purposes.
PROTECTING INFORMATIONWe use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information. We use secure servers when you place orders. All credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted within our databases. To help us protect personal information, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.
CHOICES AND CONTROL
MODIFYING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
MTI may keep information and content in our backup files and archives.
Regardless of the settings you select, MTI may send you service-related communications. To unsubscribe and stop receiving messages, please change your settings or follow the instructions in the email, text message, notification or other message type. If you have unsubscribed from any MTI communications, due to production schedules, you may receive communications already in production.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
MTI services are intended for and provided to businesses and other organizations, and not individual consumers or end-users. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), business and organizational customers located in California have limited privacy rights.
Where MTI processes your personal information as a service provider on behalf of our customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under the CCPA, please inquire with the customer directly. Because we may only access a customer’s data upon their instructions, if you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide us the name of the MTI customer who submitted your data to us. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are a California resident acting in an individual capacity and MTI is acting as a business under the CCPA, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information.
Right to Know. You have a right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you. You also have a right to request additional information about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of such personal information. Note that we have provided much of this information in this privacy statement. You may make such a “request to know” by contacting us [email protected].
Right to Request Deletion. You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to delete, contact us at [email protected] 888.684.0040.
Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. Note that we do not “sell” personal information as defined by the CCPA, however we may have done so in the past 12 months. The CCPA defines “sell” and “personal information” very broadly. In the past 12 months, we let advertising and analytics providers collect IP addresses, cookie IDs, and mobile IDs through our sites and apps, some of which may be considered a sale under the CCPA, but we did not “sell” any other types of personal information.
We have not knowingly sold the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Further, to provide or delete specific pieces of personal information we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law. We will verify your request by requiring you to provide information necessary to verify your identity.
Finally, you have a right to receive notice of our practices at or before collection of personal information, and you have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights set out in the CCPA.
During the previous calendar year, we received and responded to these types of requests as follows:
|Number received||Number complied with in whole or in part||Number denied||Median number of days to respond|
|Requests to know||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Requests to delete||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Requests to opt-out||0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Additionally, under California Civil Code section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, California residents who have provided personal information to a business with which the individual has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California Customers”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please be aware that we do not disclose personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes as defined by this law.
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing [email protected]. Please note that businesses are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and may not be required to respond to requests made by means other than through the designated e-mail address.
EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If the processing of personal information about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal information;
- If any automated processing of personal information is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal information in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal information under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal information about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Our digital operations are conducted, in whole or in part, in the United States. We transfer personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA), UK, and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we conduct such transfers, we rely on various legal bases to lawfully transfer Personal Information around the world, including the European Union Commission approved model contractual clauses.
Our Platform is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 unless (a) we have obtained consent from a parent or guardian, (b) such collection is subject to a separate agreement with us or (c) the visit by a child under the age of 16 is unsolicited or incidental. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take steps to delete their Personal Data from our systems.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for MTI, please contact us at:
1050 NE 67th Ave.
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
Phone: +1.503.648.6500 | 888.684.0040
Email: [email protected]